Monday, January 3, 2011

Pencil Vs Camera By Ben Heine

Pencil-Vs-Camera-1
This is the legendary "tram 28" in Lisbon, Portugal
Pencil-Vs-Camera-2
I took this photo in Belgium. I also drew the rough sketch.
Pencil-Vs-Camera-3
I took this photo in England and also made the rough sketch
Pencil-Vs-Camera-4
I took this photo a few days ago and also drew the rough sketch...
Pencil-Vs-Camera-5
I took this photo in the "Palais des Beaux Arts" of Lille, France (I also made the drawing)
Pencil-Vs-Camera-6
This is a view of Utrecht from the Dom Tower, which is the tallest church tower in the Netherlands, at 112.5 metres (368 feet) in height. I took the photo and drew the 2 sketches
Pencil-Vs-Camera-7
A photo I took yesterday in Poland (I also made the rough sketch). Yes I know, there are no Koalas in Poland but there is one in my mind, struggling against extinction.
Pencil-Vs-Camera-8
This is a view of the countryside in Braives, Belgium. I took the photo and drew the sketch (I wanted to make a very simplified composition on the paper to match the landscape).
Pencil-Vs-Camera-9
A sculpture, a photo, a drawing and friendship, all in once!
Pencil-Vs-Camera-10
This is sort of experimental...
Pencil-Vs-Camera-11
I took this photo in the Belgian countryside
Pencil-Vs-Camera-12
I took this photo near Brussels (I also made the sketch)
Pencil-Vs-Camera-13
I took this photo a few days ago in Poland and also made the rough sketch. The painting on the wall is a reproduction of the "Girl with a Pearl Earring". I really love this painting by Johannes Vermeer but I thought a "modern" version of if would be cool
Pencil-Vs-Camera- (3)
This is the Atomium in Brussels, Belgium
Pencil-Vs-Camera- (10)
This is a photo I took from Montmartre's hill in Paris, France
Pencil-Vs-Camera- (11)
This is a photo I took in Lille, France. I also made the rough sketch...
Pencil-Vs-Camera- (13)
I took this photo in Oxford, England. I made the sketch very quickly
Pencil-Vs-Camera- (15)
This is a real fire, a real drawing, a real piece of paper, real fingers... only ashes are left
Pencil-Vs-Camera- (16)
Sort of an introduction to my next series entitled "Chess Art" with optical illusions and strong perspectives...

No comments:

Post a Comment